Monday, May 03, 2010

Hillbilly Chicken Coop and other projects





As if Daniel is not busy enough, he's building a coop for my chickens. All from reclaimed wood (pallets, old doors, scraps-hence the "hillbilly" coop). He also has a great idea to make it "green"- soil on the roof so I can plant hens and chicks (fitting isn't it?). Still a work in progress due to the fact Daniel is banned from working on it until he finishes his CPIM exam.



Still organizing:I hardly wear my jewelry cause they hide in a couple of drawers. I saw an idea at my neighbor's (she makes jewelry for sundance catalog) that gave me motivation to get all those lovely bling out. Now I see them and appreciate them like art and want to wear it. This is in my craft room so it also serves as inspiration to projects. I hope this helps someone with the same clutter dilemma. I used frames from the DI-$5 for 4 frames, twine and screws (intended for the chicken coop-oops!)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I think that's awesome you have chickens. I'd love some as well. Let us know how it goes.
I also LOVE your place for all your jewelry.
Great idea. It looks amazing.

Allison J. said...

Love it!!

Tami said...

I want that much jewelry. Looks pretty fab to me.